I read Camie over at Wild Spirit all the time (favorite blog alert)…
…and one of my favorite things that she does is her happy list posts. Things that make her happy on a day to day basis, which is something I don’t do enough in my life — acknowledging how good I have it. So, in honor of the amount of turkey and potatoes and pie I’ll be eating tomorrow, I decided to put together
.a thankful list.
Because I am really, really, thankful for a lot of crap.
2. Coffee, and the Keurig machine that my mother donated to my office so I won’t spend as much on coffee.
3. Singing. Singing with my Dad. Snapchatting Car-aoke to GoldDust and Poof. My out of tune guitar. Music of all sorts.
4. the amazing, astounding, irreplaceable group of ladies: Alto, CoSi, FunSized, GoldDust, Poof, and SoccerGirl, for being the best supporting, texting, BFFing, shopping, coffee-ing, snapchatting group of girls I have the privilege to know and love.
5. Writing. Journals and blogs and letters and tweets and everything that gets me out of my head and onto something that listens and responds and accepts.
6. Photos, cameras, snapchat, and the DSLR my sister gave me that I don’t know how to use, and the giant arsenal of memories that I have because of all those things. Mainly the memories, because of all the other things on the list. But it’s nice to have a tangible memory too.
7. That family group of people, that I appreciate more and more the older I get — how lucky I am to have a loving, weird, dysfunctioning functional family.
I know it’s not Thursday, but I’m gonna throwback anyway because PUKKA SHELL NECKLACE. pic.twitter.com/a97VT0gHD2
— Laura Anne (@LA_theGirl) July 16, 2013
8. Soccer. I don’t even care anymore that I’m not really that good, and
probably definitely never will be. I have fun playing, and I have amazing friends that have come out of this team and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
9. this $1 zit stuff that actually really works. It’s make up of some sort. It kind of stings. But it totally works. Yay, working! Yay, clear skin!
10. Snow, and winter, and the whole, yay, magical season. I should be like this year round – more appreciative and thankful for everything around me. I really should, and I mean to be. But ugh, you guys. The snow falls, and it’s all magical and beautiful and shiny and I don’t even mind that I live in Michigan and everyone, and I mean everyone drives like a chatchnugget. DON’T EVEN MIND. Michigan, you’re gorgeous.
On that note. Here’s to an excellent and overstuffed Thanksgiving tomorrow, for whoever and however everyone is celebrating.
-1. Christmas Music. I am not thankful for Christmas music until after Thanksgiving is over.