So I just have to state how amazing my best friend/co-blogger really is. I’m so happy that I have her in my life to keep me sane and to keep our blog alive and well. Bravo, L.A.!!!
I apologize for my absence. Life gets going for me and I get writers block, making it hard to keep in touch.
This morning I received some snail mail from the Secretary of State. The state of Michigan politely reminded me that I’m turning 25 on December 23rd, and my driver’s license will expire. I do wonder if I have to renew since the world is ending on the 22nd. I will have to call customer service and ask. Maybe they have the answer on the ‘Frequently asked Questions’ section of their website.
I have been alive for a quarter of a century. Such a monumental moment. I have reached my quarter life crisis. How should I deal with this dilemma? Buy a sport car? Date a younger man? Get hair plugs?
No, none of these excite me so I decided to list the 25 things I have learned by the age of 25. Drum roll, please….
- A smile can get you a long way.
- If a guy says others think he is an asshole, then he is an asshole.
- Never regret paying for an expensive pair of jeans. No one will ever complain that your butt looks too good when wearing them.
- Pay attention to how a guy treats his mom. He will treat you the same way.
- Love as hard as you can. And never regret it.
- Nothing is ever final in life.
- Always be overdressed.
- Enter every room like you’re in technicolor.
- Find your signature perfume.
- Write down your goals. You will complete them if you do.
- Quit the job you hate. You didn’t want to be there anyways.
- Find a reason to laugh at the bad moments in your life, then you will only have good memories in your mind.
- You can live without the guy you thought you couldn’t. And you will be happier that you did.
- Kill your competition with kindness.
- Don’t date him if doesn’t tell you that you look nice on the first date.
- Asking questions is the most intelligent thing you can do for yourself.
- Always step out of your comfort zone. The mystery is the best part.
- Don’t date him if he doesn’t make you laugh.
- Your best friends are your true soulmates.
- Time is an enemy and a friend. Accept it.
- Start a dance floor wherever you go.
- Laugh at yourself before others can.
- Having a good hair day is like winning the lottery.
- Always apply more mascara.
- Look at the world differently each day.
After writing this list, I think I have found inner peace if the world does supposedly end on the 22nd of the December.
I’m ready to celebrate my life at the age 25. Who wants to join my party? But, I refuse to scream YOLO…