Bells, whistles, and other celebratory things.
The other day, in a fit of comment-versation, Nathan Triple Name and I decided to gang up and write a post or two together. You know, board games, sex, metaphors – Oh, the metaphors! – and other such interesting things that keep you people chuckling with me*.
Well, he asked me what next week’s post should be about, and I right away jumped on the monopoly bandwagon.
Then, I started brainstorming, and went to write a draft when I realized it. 99 published posts. Next post:
What exactly does one do to celebrate 100 published posts?
I’ll save those for another day. After all, you do not know about the great game I invented when I graduated high school, involving food, body parts, and twister.
You know what I’ll share with you today?
10 5 things I’ve gotten out of the last 100 posts.
1. The chance to write, write, and write some more. I hadn’t been writing as much before I rediscovered blogging. Sure, I had a xanga back in the day, but that went kibosh in college. I used to write in journals all the time too, but life gets busy, and that gets put to the wayside too. Then I found my way to the blogosphere. Blogging gets you more involved in what you’re writing. Instant feedback(unless you assholes don’t comment).
2. Chasing dreams, achieving dreams. I wrote a book. I’ve actually written four books. Bits and pieces of lots of books. Books and stories and tellings of things where you can see people stop and listen and take in what you are sharing with them. Geez, what a feeling. But I’m actually taking full fledged steps to try and get some of my stuff published. One of these days, guys. Something will be on the shelves with my name on it, and you’ll remember me from here.
4. Technology and I might constantly have angry angsty breakups. But at least we get along now. Some of the stuff that goes on with having a blog is having some technology know how. I have what’s called “shit breaks constantly around me.” But with a little patience, and a lot of friends who are more talented at this stuff with me, I actually feel competent about posting stuff. I even made my very own blog button. Yes, I know it’s not hard. I don’t care. Oh, and my phone doesn’t have a cracked screen right now. Knock on wood.
5. L.A., this is L.A. Having a blog name was originally to protect the innocent.
I blogged about life, to de-stress, to sort things out in my head, to be angry in a more healthy manner. To apparently piss people off (that acutally happened a lot). But somewhere in the realm of going from blogging about life and blogging about people, to whatever the fuck it is I’m doing now, I came more to terms with who I am. L.A., or Laura Anne, or just Laura, because no one actually calls me Laura Anne, ever. The blog is on facebook now, and even my mother has read the occasional post. Between tsk-ing me for the swears, she’s all,
You know Bunso, you are a good writer.
And that’s nice. I like those moments.
So, here’s to the last 100 posts. And probably another 100 more. I do have a lot of drafts saved of terrible, terrible stories involving texts that say:
Him: Do you know what I want for St. Patrick’s Day?
Me: the same thing I want?
Him: L.A. with a side of rainbow.
You never know what’s coming, guys.
P.S. What’s your favorite post on Chicks in the Mitt?
*Yes, I know you’re not chuckling with me. You’re just chuckling…around me**.
**Yes, I know you’re not chuckling around me, but chuckling at me.
- Blog start up info (onelifewelllived.wordpress.com)
- i’m all the about the writing (simplystaciablogs.wordpress.com)
- This Blog Has Begun Writing. (startmeupwish.wordpress.com)
Posted on March 22, 2013, in Carpe Diem and YOLO and stuff like that, Merriments, We Think We're Funny, Words and Phrases and tagged 100, Blog, dreams, Laura Anne, list, Milestone, Publishing, Self Discovery, technology, Twitter, writing. Bookmark the permalink. 10 Comments.