You could fit a small child in there. I’m talking about my purse.*
A few new blogs that I’ve been reading have done this post where they take the contents of their purse, and artfully display what’s in it, and it’s actually very fascinating to me.
I’m like…wow. They’re so organized. Their purses are so cute. They carry around very little. Meanwhile, I’m walking around with so much stuff that I could get kidnapped and be fine for the next few days by the amount of stuff I carry around.
Their blogs are aptly titled: What’s in my bag: Vacation/School/Uni/Etc Edition.
So, after some hemming and hawing I decided to do my own post of this.
Mine will be aptly titled:
What’s in my bag: I’m a hoarder Edition
Or maybe: What’s in my bag: Why I have back problems edition.
This is what is in my purse in no particular order.
- Matching wallet — I’m particular. I like my bra to match my underwear. I like my wallet to match my purse.
- Random receipts — because a trash can is always too far away.
- #LettersFromLA — if I’m out shopping, or not shopping, or doing something that’s not shopping while I’m actually really shopping and see something kitschy that I want to mail to a pen pal, I’ll throw it in my purse to remind me to mail it. And then probably forget about it.
- Guitar picks — because the guitar just didn’t fit in the bag.
- Ticket Stubs — I always say that I’ll scrapbook things like this so I save them. Plus, they’re fun to mail off sometimes.
- Make up — when I say make up, I mean “lots of chapstick because I forget I already had one in my bag.”
- Sunglasses — Multiple pairs. See make up.
- Cameras — Multiple cameras, multiple medias.
- Hockey laces — just because.
- ALSO: snacks, a blue power ranger, my missing set of spare keys, mittens, my kid’s hat, passport pictures, and A DOLLAR, GUYS. I FOUND A DOLLAR.
I’d like to re-title this post. L.A. CLEANS OUT HER PURSE. MISSING PERSON FOUND AT THE BOTTOM.
*Yes, my uterus also applies, as I have had a small child basically growing** in my uterus.
**Full-on growing. Not basically growing. Growing babies is hard.
- A custom ordered purse & a wallet! (halfdozendaily.typepad.com)
- This Old Purse Survey (lcartera.wordpress.com)
Posted on March 12, 2013, in Artsy Fartsy Things, Walk, Walk, Fashion Baby, Words and Phrases and tagged Back Problems, Hoarder, louis vuitton, purse, shopping, What's in my bag. Bookmark the permalink. 18 Comments.